Unparalleled in liver care
What is Liv.52?
Liv.52 is a multi-ingredient formulation that protects the liver against alcohol induced damage, increases protein (albumin) synthesis, normalizes liver function tests and shortens disease recovery period. It also restores the functional activity of the liver by cellular regeneration and improves appetite.
When should you take Liv.52?
- Viral hepatitis, alcoholic liver disease, pre-cirrhotic conditions and early cirrhosis, anorexia, loss of appetite and liver damage due to radiation therapy
- Liver disorders including fatty liver associated with protein-energy malnutrition
- Jaundice and loss of appetite during pregnancy
- As an adjuvant during prolonged illness and convalescence
- As a adjuvant to hemodialysis
- As an adjuvant to hepatotoxic drugs like anti-tubercular drugs, statins, chemotherapeutic agents and antiretrovirals
Pharmacological actions of Liv.52:
Hepatoprotective action: The natural ingredients in Liv.52 exhibit potent hepatoprotective properties against chemically-induced hepatotoxicity. It restores the functional efficiency of the liver by protecting the hepatic parenchyma and promoting hepatocellular regeneration. The antiperoxidative activity of Liv.52 prevents the loss of functional integrity of the cell membrane, maintains cytochrome P-450 enzyme system (a large and diverse group of enzymes, which catalyze the oxidation of organic substances), hastens the recovery period and ensures early restoration of hepatic functions in infective hepatitis. It facilitates the rapid elimination of acetaldehyde produced by the oxidation of ethanol and ensures protection from alcohol-induced hepatic damage. Liv.52 also diminishes the lipotropic (to help catalyze the breakdown of fat) effect in chronic alcoholism and prevents fatty infiltration of the liver. In pre-cirrhotic conditions, Liv.52 arrests the progress of cirrhosis and prevents further liver damage.
Improves appetite: In anorexia and sub-optimal growth and weight gain, Liv.52 normalizes the basic appetite-satiety rhythm. As a daily health supplement, Liv.52 improves appetite, digestion and assimilation processes and promotes weight gain.
Key ingredients in Liv.52:
The Caper Bush (Himsra) contains p-methoxy benzoic acid, which is a potent hepatoprotective. It prevents the elevation of malondialdehyde (biomarker for oxidative stress) levels in plasma and hepatic cells. Caper Bush also inhibits the ALT and AST enzyme levels and improves the functional efficiency of the liver and spleen. Flavonoids present in the Caper Bush exhibit significant antioxidant properties, as well.
Chicory (Kasani) protects the liver against alcohol toxicity. It is also a potent antioxidant, which is evidenced by its free radical scavenging property. The hepatoprotective property of Chicory suppresses the oxidative degradation of DNA in tissue debris.
Please consult your physician to prescribe the dosage that best suits the condition.
Liv.52 is not known to have any side effects if taken as per the prescribed dosage.
Did you know?
- Liv.52 is one of the world’s most enduring phytomedicines
- It is the only hepatoprotective with a meta-analysis study in infective hepatitis
- Accredited with more than 250 studies
- American Botanical Council (ABC) includes Liv.52 in The ABC Clinical Guide to Herbs
- Present in more than 65 countries
- Every second, one unit of Liv.52 is bought somewhere in the world!
For more information, please visit http://www.himalayawellness.com/products/pharmaceuticals/liv52-ch.htm