What is Liv.52?
Liv.52 is a hepatospecific formulation, designed for the treatment and management of liver disorders.
Liv.52 has a wide spectrum of therapeutic applications. Liv.52 restores the metabolic efficiency of the liver, minimizes damage to the hepatic parenchyma, and accelerates the rate of recovery in various liver disorders like infective hepatitis, drug-induced (ATT- and statin-induced) hepatitis, and alcohol-induced hepatic damage. Liv.52 is a valuable adjuvant during prolonged illness.
In anorexia, Liv.52 improves appetite, digestion, and assimilation. Liv.52 also prevents the complications of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
What are the indications for Liv.52?
For the prevention and treatment of
- Viral hepatitis
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
- Pre –cirrhotic and early cirrhosis
- Anorexia /loss of appetite
- Liver damage due to radiation therapy
- Liver disorder including fatty liver associated with protein-energy malnutrition
- Jaundice and anorexia during pregnancy
- As an adjuvant to hepatotoxic drugs like anti-tubercular drugs, statins, chemotherapeutic agents and antiretroviral.
Is Liv.52 effective in the management of Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C?
Liv.52 is not proven to be effective in Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C. Liv.52 HB is effective in the management of hepatitis B.
What are the adverse effects of Liv.52?
No adverse effects have been reported with Liv.52, if taken as per the prescribed dosage.
Are there any clinical studies for Liv.52?
Liv.52 is time-tested and trusted drug. For further information, please refer to the Clinical Papers section of the website.
Can I prescribe Liv.52 to pregnant women?
Liv.52 can be safely prescribed in pregnancy. In fact, there are several clinical trials that conclude that Liv.52 is effective in the management of jaundice and anorexia during pregnancy.
Is Liv.52 safe for children?
Liv.52 is proven to be safe and effective in the management of infective hepatitis, anorexia and suboptimal growth in children. Liv.52 drops and Liv.52 syrup can be safely prescribed in children.
Can I prescribe Liv.52 as a mono therapy?
Liv.52 is a hepatospecific formulation designed for the treatment and management of liver disorders. It restores the metabolic efficiency of the liver and accelerates the rate of recovery. Yes, it can be prescribed as a mono therapy.
What is the mode of action of Liv.52?
Liv.52 has hepatoprotective, antioxidant, antimicrobial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory actions. Liv.52 restores the metabolic efficiency of the liver by protecting the hepatic parenchyma and promoting hepatocellular regeneration. The antiperoxidative activity of Liv.52 prevents the loss of functional integrity of the cell membranes, maintains cytochrome P450 enzyme system.
How does Liv.52 work in ALD ?
- Protects the liver against ethanol-induced damage
- Increases albumin synthesis
- Modulates lipotropic activity and thus prevents fatty infiltration
- Restores the functional activity of liver by cellular regeneration
How does Liv.52 work in infective hepatitis?
- Restores the metabolic efficiency of the liver
- Protects the hepatic parenchyma
- Promotes hepatocellular regeneration
- Prevents the loss of functional integrity of cell membranes
- Possesses antiperoxidative activity
- Normalizes the liver function tests
- Shortens the disease recovery period
How does Liv.52 work in anorexia or loss of appetite?
- Normalizes the basic appetite-satiety rhythm
- Increases bile secretion
- Restores liver function and corrects metabolism
- Improves digestion and assimilation
- Increases serum protein and helps in weight gain
- Does not cause drowsiness unlike conventional preparations
How does Liv.52 work in drug-induced hepatitis?
- Exhibits hepatoprotective properties against drug-induced liver damage
- Corrects liver disorders
- Reduces hepatotoxicity due to anti-tubercular drugs
- Improves patient compliance
- Improves the nutritional status
How does Liv.52 work in NASH?
- Significant reduction in symptoms such as nausea and vomiting
- Significant reduction in hepatomegaly score compared with UDCA
- Significant reduction in ALT, AST, and normalizes ALP levels
- Near-normal liver architecture after the treatment – proven by ultrasonography
- 100% overall improvement in signs and symptoms compared to baseline values
How does Liv.52 help patients during hemodialysis?
- Improves the nutritional status
- Reduces nausea caused by uremic toxins
- Improves biochemical nutritive markers
- Improves body weight and BMI
Are there any drug interactions with Liv.52?
No clinically significant drug interactions have been reported with Liv.52.
Is Liv.52 marketed abroad?
Yes. Liv.52 is marketed in more than 65 countries. In fact, the Botanical Council (ABC) includes Liv.52 in ABC clinical guide to herbs and Swissmedic, Switzerland approves Liv.52 as a pharmaceutical speciality drug. Liv.52 is also prescribed in Russian hospitals to counter the effects of anti-TB medication.
What is the difference between Liv.52 and Liv.52 HB ?
Liv.52 is a drug of choice for the management of hepatitis A, ALD and loss of appetite.
Liv.52 HB is specifically indicated for the management of hepatitis B infection.
Is Liv.52 endorsed by any medical institutions?
Liv.52 is endorsed by leading institutions of India through clinical trials. These include CDRI (Lucknow), AIIMS (New Delhi), CMC (Vellore), PGIMER (Chandigarh), IMS (Varanasi), GMC (Mumbai), KMC (Manipal), and JIPMER (Puducherry).